Mission Statement of Michiana Paralegal Association
Michiana Paralegal Association ("MPA") has been in existence since September 1999. As dedicated professionals, MPA has matured into a strong paralegal association with nearly 91 members from the northwestern portion of Indiana and southwestern portion of Michigan. In addition to our affiliation with NFPA, we are a member of the Alliance of Indiana Paralegal Associations.
The purpose and goals of MPA is to promote the professional and business interests of persons engaging in the paralegal profession as follows:
- Promote the paralegal profession;
- Promote the continuing legal education of paralegals by providing educational seminars;
- Act as a forum for the exchange of information;
- Inform members of the latest developments in the paralegal profession;
- Promote and support professional standards;
- Communicate with the legal community and the general public;
- Participate in local and national professional issues that effect the paralegal profession.
- Engage in projects, solicitations and other activities which the board of directors may deem necessary or desirable to raise funds for the purposes set forth above.